Saturday, December 6, 2014

DIY - Up-cycled/Recycled Outdoor Christmas Tree Topiary

One of the great things about Christmas is finding that perfect, fresh-cut tree to put in your home. Invariably, every year we have to cut a few branches off of the lowest part of the tree in order to fit it in the tree stand, and this year as I looked at these discarded branches, I had an "ah-ha" moment. 

I didn't want to put them to waste and I had a wire tomato cage lying around...

The result is a DIY, up-cycled, recycled Christmas topiary!  The process was entirely too simple. I used zip-ties to attach the branches to the tomato cage (which is up-side down) and aside from making the ribbon from some leftover burlap (awesome tutorial here), that is all I did. 

Merry Christmas!!









No comments:

Post a Comment